• Monitor health status to identify community health problems (e.g., community health profile, vital statistics, and health services).
• Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community (e.g., epidemiologic surveillance systems, laboratory support).
• Evaluate effectiveness, accesibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
• Develop policies and plans that support individuals and community health efforts (e.g., leadership development and health system planning).
• Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety, (e.g., enforce sanitary codes to ensure safety of environment).
• Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems (e.g., links with academic institutions and capacity for epidemiologic and economic analyses).
Assurance (Quality Improvement)
• Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable (services that increase access to health care).
• Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce (e.g., education and training for all public health care providers).
• Inform, educate and empower people about health issues (e.g., health promotion and social marketing).
• Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems (e.g., convening and facilitating community groups to promote health).
East Avenue Medical Center
Trunk line: 928-0611 loc. 288