Training is not something which is given only once to newly recruited personnel upon their entrance to the service; it is rather given continuously in every-well organized establishment. Every time a supervisor gets somebody to accomplish a job in a manner he wants it to; he is training. Every time one gives direction or discusses the procedure, there is training taking place. Whenever an agency chief calls for a conference for purposes of increasing the cooperation of the staff or for boosting morale within the organization, he is training.
These instances therefore show that training function is performed or take place not only in a formal classroom work, but is done or takes place even unconsciously anywhere at any given time.
Exercises general supervision and control over the conduct of training and further development of the hospital trainees and affiliates that they may gain proficiency along their chosen field of specialty and become effective members of the health care delivery team.Training shall be continuing activity of the organization for the development in advancement of its staff.Identification of training needs is the joint responsibility of the supervisors and training officers of the respective discipline.
- To acquaint the hospital staff wit
- Provides for the continuing education and the development of the hospital staff thru formal training programs and informal training sessions for purposes of enhancing their competence and improving their efficiency in the performance of their assigned tasks thereby making them effective members of the organization.
- h the organizational set-up, policies, goals and objectives, benefits and opportunities they are entitled to as well as their responsibilities to their organization;
- To encourage and instruct employees to perform more than one job so that internal adjustment in the work force can be made with greater ease.
- To insure maximum development and the use of aptitudes, abilities and skills of the hospital staff and to prepare a qualified staff members for advancement to amore responsible position in the organizational hierarchy.
- To develop competent supervisor more cognizant of their duties and responsibilities; and
- To provides avenues for personnel growth and development of every member of the organizations.
The training office is responsible for the formulation/ implementation/ coordination of programs based on identified needs of the different discipline of the hospital.
Orientation of newly recruited employees shall start of the career program. An orientation course shall be held as information and motivation tool which will pave the way for greater understanding of the organization program and operation. Hence, all hospital staff and affiliates shall undergo orientation before they report to their areas of assignments.
An employee who has been determined by the supervisor to have a supervising potential shall be given the opportunity to attend the supervisory course.
Employee/ staff development program shall be conducted on a regular basis for proficiency enhancement or as preparation for higher responsibilities.
Heads of services/ other qualified supervisors shall be provided the opportunities to attend development course, observations tours and other related management development tools to keep them at pace with the modern trend of management thereby promoting their versatility and insuring organizational mobility.