The GSIS general hospital was established in line with the government service insurance system policy to extend its services to all its members. Inaugurated by His Excellency, President Ferdinand E. Marcos and first lady Mrs. Imelda R. Marcos on the 8th day of October, 1969.
Hospital ng Bagong Lipunan created by Presidential Decree No. 1411 “Dissolving the GSIS Hospital, Inc. and transferring all its assets, liabilities and properties to the Ministry of Health and appropriating funds for its operations and for other purposes.” Signed into law on June 9, 1978 by His Excellency, Ferdinand E. Marcos, then President of the Republic of the Philippines.
On November 12, 1986, Executive Secretary Joker P. Arroyo by authority of President Corazon C. Aquino signed Memorandum Order No. 48, changing the name of Hospital ng Bagong Lipunan to East Avenue Medical Center.
Republic Act No. 8345 Signed on June 4, 1997 Increased the authorized bed capacity of EAMC from 350 to 600.