Effective immediately, acceptance of checks in payment for indebtedness to the government shall be in the forms of Manager's Check, Cashier's Check and Government Issued Check.
The Collecting Officer is prohibited from issuing Temporary Receipts to acknowledge the receipt of private checks for payments (Sec. 72, Vol. 1, GAAM). As a general rule, no payment of any nature shall be received by Collecting Officers without immediately issuing an Official Receipt in acknowledgement thereof (Sec. 69, Vol. 1, GAAM; Sec. 58, PD 1445).
On 20 January 2017, electronic presentment and processing of Checks will commence in the Philippines. Under the Check Image Checking System (CICS), banks/branches which met the technical standards set by the Philippine Clearing House Corporation (PCHC) will now process electronic images of Checks.
In preparing Checks under CICS, effective immediately the public is reminded to:
- Make sure that the Check being issued is sufficiently funded
- Use dark-colored ink; do not use pencil, erasable ink or correction ribbon
- Write legibly and ensure that all required information are clear and complete
- Make no erasures/alterations in any of the information as Checks with alteration are not acceptable for clearing even if erasure or alteration is countersigned
- Left-justify when writing on the spaces, rule out empty spaces
- End the Amount in Words with "Only"; do not leave big spaces
- Make sure authorized signatories are updated with the bank
- Avoid stapling, crumpling, folding, pinning or binding Checks
For information, guidance and strict compliance.
The East Avenue Medical Center was once again one of the host of the Nationwide Mass Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) activity, "Save A Life... Learn CPR" organized by the Department of Health, Philippine Heart Association, Philippine College of Cardiology, Philippine Red Cross and the American Heart Association. About 214 participants joined the event last March 6, 2017 done at the hospital lobby. The activity is aimed to support Repunlic Act No. 10871 Basic Life Support Training in Schools Act.
The East Avenue Medical Center, in cooperation with the Quezon City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (QCDRRMC), joined the 1st Quarter Simultaneous Earthquake Drill held last March 31, 2017. The East Avenue Medical Center employees from various departments participated in the said event. As the alarm went off at exactly 2:00 in the afternoon, the participants employed the "DUCK, COVER and HOLD" method.
//Dr. Czarina C. Rodriguez, EM Resident
The Department of Health thru East Avenue Medical Center would like to invite you to its workshop entitled "2nd NATIONWIDE MASS CAMPAIGN ON CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR)" on March 6, 2017 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at the hospital lobby, East Avenue Medical Center, Diliman, Quezon City